Back to Ada

I have missed being at Ohio Northern so much! This summer I worked three jobs, and I highly do not suggest it. Since I worked my entire summer away, the time flew fast. On top of my work schedule, I trained for college basketball. When I say coming back to college is a relief, I am not joking.

This year I am rooming with a junior and a senior on my team. As some of you may know, finding roommates can be a complicated situation. We had our fourth roommate drop out one day after she moved into the apartment. We are making the best of it though! It is great to have space to walk around. The dorms felt like a dungeon. Our basketball team is smaller this year, so we are hosting many movie nights. Last night, we started three movies before picking one for us to watch. I enjoy having company over! I struggled with staying in my dorm by myself last year, so it is nice to have a full apartment. 

One of the downsides of the apartment is being off the meal plan. I know this may come as a shock to some of you, but I did not mind our dining hall food. There were some days when the food was not edible, but I also did not want to cook for myself. I have proven to be one of the worst chefs in my apartment. On Monday, I cooked chicken nuggets in the oven. Somehow, I forgot to turn the oven off.  My roommates awoke to a warm kitchen Tuesday morning. I apologized so many times for forgetting to turn it off. When I made grilled chicken the other day, the pan was smoking the whole apartment up. I got my mini fan from my bedroom and set it next to the pan to avoid setting the alarms off. It was quite the fiasco.

Ohio Northern is one of my favorite places. I know it sounds cheesy, but I am overly excited to be back. Even though my teammates and I spent every minute together last year, I missed them. The feeling of waving to my friends across campus is like no other. Even seeing professors from last year made me excited. I have a feeling this year is going to be one to remember.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball