Sick of School.... Literally

I made it all semester without being sick. It has been fantastic! Last year, I was always sick, which came as a surprise to me. I was never sick in high school. Even when all my classmates were coughing up a storm, I was perfectly healthy. Here I am in the last week before finals, sick as ever.
I have no clue how I got sick, but I am furious. I consider myself a tough person, but when I am sick, I turn into a little baby. The last two nights, I have slept over 12 hours. Aside from being sick, I am sure my body needed extra hours of sleep. Everyone is pulling late hours on assignments at this point of the semester. The weird thing is my body feels fine. I don't have body chills or a stuffy nose. Although, my throat feels like it is on fire. I don't cough often, but when I do, I am gasping for air. Ironically, I have lost my voice entirely. If I try to speak, it feels like my throat is being ripped apart. I am sure it will be interesting trying to talk in my game this evening.
Since I have been sleeping so much, homework has taken a ride on the backseat of my priorities. This is a weird feeling for me. I have a research paper due in two days, and I haven't started it. The old version of myself would be losing her mind right now, but I feel content. I know I will make sure it is done by the due date. It might involve working late Thursday night, but I know my body needs rest right now. 
This semester of college has taught me the importance of putting myself first. The assignments and exams will happen regardless of the time I put in prior. I believe your performance will increase if you feel better physically. I never thought this was true, but I lived through it this semester. I will be honest when I say this semester was not easy. The satisfaction of earning a high grade versus exhausting myself no longer seems ideal for me. All I can ask of myself is to put my best effort forward each day and let the rest handle itself. 
I will be visiting the health center tomorrow morning, but I wish everyone the best of luck in exam week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball