Fast Freshman Year

My freshman year of college went by way faster than I could have ever imagined. Looking back, I want to cry at the thought of not seeing my closest friends for the next three months. When I first came to ONU, I missed home. I found myself calling my family members, friends and even my old coaches. I was refusing to let go of the life I had left behind. My life at home was comfortable for me. College was full of uncertainty and was quite overwhelming. How was I supposed to be friends with all these random people?

The people of ONU have left an everlasting mark on me. The other day, one of my classes was discussing why people stay here. I quickly told my professor the people here are unlike anyone I have ever met. I have made friends across all majors and athletic teams on campus. Everyone on campus supports one another. We celebrate one another's accomplishments in the classroom, and we cheer for one another during athletic events. ONU is a family. 

I will genuinely miss my Northern family this summer. Who else will I stay up with talking about the most random topics? My friend's birthday trip to Columbus to get cheesecake was a blast. This spring, my team got together to watch basketball and paint canvases. Some of my most memorable moments were all the hours I spent working on homework with big groups. We managed our stress by telling jokes and stories about our days. I will never forget all the hours I spent in Ammryn's room trying to figure out how to work Excel. Sadly, I still have very little understanding of the program. In addition, I cannot forget to mention all of Matt's calls trying to figure out assignments for this class or asking if we had class five minutes prior to our scheduled meeting time. 

ONU is a special place, and I am blessed to return here again in the fall. I know every year from here on is only going to pass even faster. Reflections like this remind me how grateful I am for the position I hold in life. I look forward to seeing you all in the fall.

Comments

  1. I feel like this past year went by so quick too! It makes me sad thinking about how we wont be on campus again until this fall. I've comed to love it here just like you. I'm glad you had such a great freshman year and love it here. I'm happy that I was able to meet you and become friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freshman year was by far my favorite year here, even with the whole COVID mess. I totally agree that this past year went by so fast! I think it is because of all of the events are happening again that we forgot about the past two years. I'm excited to come back in the fall as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really cant believe that Freshman year is over already. It makes me realize that I wont get to see any of my teammates and other friends I have made here especially the seniors who have helped me in my darkest times here. However with that being said I am glad your freshman year was as good as mine and I'm glad I got to meet you because if I hadn't I would probably be failing this class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt really homesick and nervous at the start of my freshman year as well! Now I have a great group of friends that I look forward to seeing everyday. I have made so many life long memories at Ohio Northern as well. I agree that the school year does go by fast. I am so happy that you are loving college!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Swinging into Spring Basketball