Talking About the Textbook

Throughout our spring semester, we studied the "Essentials of Social Media Marketing" textbook to further our understanding of social media. We studied the textbook through a program called Stukent. Stukent involves students interactively with up-to-date information. At the end of each chapter, the author gave an analysis of the actions of the different platforms during the pandemic. In addition, Stukent provided slide decks, expert sessions and quizzes at the end of each chapter. Personally, I took advantage of the provided tools. I wrote my notes with my screen split to see the slides and my document. After each chapter, I went back to take the quiz to test my comprehension of the content. Honestly, some chapters were better than others, but you live and learn. 


This semester opened my eyes to the world of social media marketing. I had no clue the amount of detail business accounts provide for users. Business accounts are a great tool for anyone attempting to accomplish a business or marketing goal. Throughout this semester, I learned the step-by-step process of creating business accounts across different platforms. This summer, I plan on creating business accounts for my internship. The textbook will be a vital reference tool for a refresh on creating these accounts. Another great feature of the Stukent formatting is the textbooks stay in our libraries forever. As long as my account is active, I will have constant access to any textbook purchased through the site. 

The "Essentials of Social Media Marketing" textbook created an in-depth learning experience for students. The author kept information in a simple format, which avoided confusion. The chapters were split into specific sections, which avoided wasting time by aimlessly looking through the book to find one topic. Overall, I feel I have a better understanding of social media marketing. I have decided to minor in Social Media, and this course made me feel comfortable accepting a social media internship this summer.

What did you feel was most valuable in this textbook?

Comments

  1. The thing I found most valuable about the book was how it taught you the correct ways to utilize the app to use its tools and marketing strategies to your advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I found most valuable about the book was how it taught me about how to create an audience. I found this really helpful because most people my age know how to work all the social media platforms out there but I bet most of them wouldn't be able to build an audience for themselves or even company.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball