Easter Endeavors

Easter weekend gave me a taste of the reality of summer break approaching, and I am so excited. Summer is right around the corner. Of course, there are positives and negatives to this truth. The positives are seeing my family again, starting my summer jobs and being tan. I won't lie, I am looking forward to being tan the most. On the other hand, I have a great deal of coursework to finish before I am done this semester. It is surreal to me that freshman year has passed so quickly. 

I spent the entire weekend with my mom's extended family. It was a major bummer to miss the holiday with my dad's extended family, but this was the first time I was able to have a holiday with my mom's side all year. My twin got Covid-19 in the fall, which canceled Thanksgiving. Then my papa and uncle got Covid-19 in the winter so we canceled Christmas. Our colliding schedules have made it near impossible to reschedule these holidays and birthday celebrations. Needless to say, my nana was thrilled to finally have the entire family together. 

On Saturday, I watched half of my twin's baseball game before traveling to watch the Cleveland Monsters hockey game. My uncle has premium season tickets, so we were in a box and had a dinner service. It is a Christmas tradition for my family to go to these games. After all these years, I still know nothing about hockey, but I love watching the games. Aside from the games, I enjoyed sharing conversations with my grandparents and uncle. They were all intrigued to hear about my freshman year of college. It is so exciting to share everything I have learned with them. This may seem silly, but I finally have a reason to join the adult conversations. After the hockey game, we went back to my grandparent's house to play some games. Ironically, my nana found these games on Tik Tok, which gave everyone a good laugh. On Sunday morning, my grandparents cooked breakfast for everyone, but I was not in attendance. I thought I was going to throw up, so I got a free pass to sleep in. Thankfully, I felt better after a long nap and joined the family for Easter dinner. My nana made enough food to compensate for every holiday and birthday we missed. I still have leftovers in my dorm room, and I don't know when I will finish them. 

It was refreshing to be home for a weekend. I absolutely love Ohio Northern, but I am eager to be home for the summer. What are your plans for the summer?

Comments

  1. My mother tends to get the premium tickets too from time to time, and with being a big hockey fan, its one of my favorite things to do when I'm back home, I hope you enjoyed! About your freshman year though, I'm in a similar boat, its wild to think my sophomore year is almost over, it feels like only 3 weeks ago I stepped foot on campus as a freshman for the first time, Its crazy how fast time flies by. Your freshman year is fun, but your sophomore year will be just as good... there just may be a lot more homework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to visit with your family this past weekend! I'm sorry to hear that the other holidays were canceled due to Covid :( I'm so excited for summer too though! I feel like freshmen year went by so quick and it makes me sad. I totally understand having a lot of homework right now, I feel like we are getting more and more recently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so nice to finally share holidays with family and friends again. Freshman year was my favorite year so far and you only become stronger from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm extremely jealous because I didn't get to spend Easter with my family instead I was alone in my dorm room. However I still made the most of it even though that consisted of doing homework. When it comes to missing holidays due to Covid I'm right there with you. My fam was supposed to host Christmas but my moms family wanted to make sure no one had Covid and my dads side of the family didn't like that and Ironically my brother got Covid so we had to cancel Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a big fan of hockey and a huge Columbus Blue Jackets fan, but I would love to make my way up to Cleveland sometime to watch the Monsters play as they are the affiliate team of the Jackets. There is something so interesting to me about minor league sports because most of the guys playing aren't making the best money, especially in hockey, so it seems like there is just a bit more grit and grind in those games as they are playing with hopes of making something more of their professional careers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball