Back to Baseball

Spring has sprung, which means baseball season has taken over my family's lives. My twin brother plays collegiate baseball for Owen's Community College, and my younger brother plays travel baseball for Buckeye Elite. It was a huge step for my younger brother to start playing travel baseball. He is only 10 years old, so all of his classmates are still playing for Woodmore. Hunter and I went through the same transition around his age. Looking back at the decision, it was the best for our athletic careers. Travel sports expose you to a whole new level of competition. Everyone who is playing wants to be there, and they want to get better. 

My little brother's team has been dominating tournaments. They have won the last four tournaments and were runner-up in the first one. I am impressed with the dedication my little brother has shown toward his team. To enhance his game, he is going to a trainer to work on mobility and strength. Again, my little brother is only 10 years old, so the possibilities are truly endless for him.

My twin brother is a pitcher at Owen's Community College. The best part of him being a designated pitcher is my family knows which games he is playing in. Personally, I think the games are more enjoyable to watch. The days of waiting for him to bat or have a ball hit at him at shortstop are gone. Now I can focus on him at the pitcher's mound each inning. My brother has always been the more naturally athletic sibling, and I will never hesitate to tell someone how much it aggravated me. After we graduated, he started to take a turn in the right direction. He has trained hard to improve his pitches and strength. If he continues to work, I believe his dream of playing past his sophomore year will be a reality. 

This weekend, I had the luxury of traveling home to watch my twin play. The worst part of spring baseball is the weather. In Ohio fashion, one minute the sun was out, and the next minute it was snowing. My twin pitched the entire game to get the win 7-4. The next day, my little brother's travel team won their entire tournament. My family's lives revolve around baseball, but I cannot imagine a better way to spend time together.

Comments

  1. I totally agree on traveling sports it does open you to new experiences and ways to get better!That is amazing that your little brother's team has won their last four tournaments! Tell him I said GREAT JOB!! But I can't believe he is taking the initiative to go see a trainer at this age. I think that is crazy! Overall, I am happy that you got to go and see your twin brother play and got to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a twin, that's so cool! Growing up, my brother and I played travel baseball and softball so I relate to your family's life revolving around that. My brother and I both switched to cross country and track but I find myself missing softball every so often. I'm glad you were able to watch both your brothers play this past weekend and spend some time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brothers seem to be real athletes! I wish I still played Baseball it was so enjoyable. I cant wait to see my brothers for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's awesome how your brothers and you are all athletes and are really patinate about your sports. Growing up I had a similar experience to your younger brother because I played travel lacrosse and it really opened my eyes to the potential that I had.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball