Swinging into Spring Basketball

It feels like yesterday my first collegiate basketball season ended, but I find myself with virtually a full schedule again. Spring basketball events are all optional, but my team truly loves being together in the gym. I was so excited to see everyone at our first open gym. I think it is funny how much we didn't realize that we missed each other. Basketball season is very long and demanding. Aside from class, we spend almost every hour of our days together. It felt weird to go to class and not have practice afterward. After our first open gym, we went to dinner together and took over an entire room in the engineering building. We had so much to tell one another. Personally, I missed laughing until my stomach hurt. My teammates are joys to be around.

We started voluntary conditioning this week. We condition at 5:45 a.m., but I like working out early in the morning. There is no better satisfaction than completing an entire workout while everyone else is still asleep. My teammates and I ensure that we bring each other up the entire workout. The workouts are far from easy, but we know that they will only make us better. The worst part of the workouts is the day after because that is when the soreness kicks in. We were trying to run at open gym today and none of us could move. I stretched before open gym for about 30 minutes and 15 minutes after. 

I missed being around my basketball team so much. They are some of the best people and influences in my life. We have so much potential for next season, but we have to wait seven more months. The offseason is the prime time for us to improve on our growths for the next season. My teammates have become my family, and I will miss them so much this summer.


Comments

  1. I understand that feeling of missing being with the squad and working out or playing together and I also think its funny when coaches have "optional/voluntary" conditioning and workouts. Especially because know darn well we better be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how it feels not being able to play games and practice with them. I am currently out for 3 weeks with a fractured thumb and it sucks because you don't realize how much you miss practicing and playing in games with your buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it is amazing that you have that bond with everyone on your team! But I have to say condition at 5:45 am is not the move. I am personally not a big morning person but I will get up if I have too! After, conditioning though I do feel the pain of that soreness that you feel afterwards. But I do know that the summer will go by so fast that you will see your teammates again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year