Posting on Pinterest

The first thing I think of when I hear about the app Pinterest is moms. Moms are all over Pinterest. Personally, my mom and grandmother cannot stay off it. They are always finding a new recipe or gadget for the family. When I was younger, my friends and I would find sleepover ideas on the app. We would look for the craziest Duct Tape craft ideas and try to tackle them. I don't know how well we succeeded, but we sure helped increase Duct Tape sales. 

Pinterest allows businesses to market their products in a system called carousel. Carousel is a pin with multiple images that can show different angles, designs or uses of a product. It gives consumers a more in-depth analysis of the product before they go visit the website. I think carousel is a great marketing technique for businesses to use. Some consumers may not be impressed by the one image that is shown in their feed, but an array of images could catch their eye more. I find it easy to get caught up in scrolling aimlessly through Pinterest. There is no strategy for how I scroll through pins, but I can assure you that I will find something to buy.

I was surprised to find out that weekends are the best time for businesses to post content. Especially through the 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. gap. My mom is not a night owl, so she is usually on Pinterest during the daytime. I wonder how many companies post that late at night or how they manage to post content with time change differences. The time difference is probably a struggle for global companies. It is recommended to post between five and 30 times a day, but companies cannot lose quality in their content. Content creators can post a variety of pins to their businesses' pages. As a consumer, I think it is great to see all aspects of the business from the behind-the-scenes to the production of the product.

If you were a global company, how do you manage a quality content calendar while reaching the target audience?

Comments

  1. I am sure companies have a way of just posting stuff automatically. Because there is no way in hell they have people staying up that late to post 30 times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball