Mood with Music

I struggled with thinking of a topic for this week's personal blog. My life has been wonderful lately, but nothing extraordinary has occurred. As I sat here pondering what to write about, my teammate, Peyton Warnecke, was dancing to her music. She then went on a spiel about how music helps make her homework more productive. My other teammate, Grace Dean, talked about how she listens to podcasts instead of music while doing homework. After all this great conversation, I decided to write about the effect music has on me.
Music has a huge effect on my mood for the day. A good pump-up track before a workout makes me feel like I can conquer anything. On the other hand, a weak playlist full of ads puts me in the worst mood. While I hate listening to advertisements, I refuse to pay for Spotify Premium. Premium streaming services seem like a scam to me. I am afraid that they will raise the prices slowly, and I will be stuck overpaying for the service. 

My taste in music is all over the place. I like to think I am a big country fan, but I seem to have every type of music in my playlist. I can go from listening to an upbeat Morgan Wallen song to a depression Lewis Capaldi song in an instant. My friends think that my taste in music is absurd, which is why I refuse to take the aux cord in the car. The one playlist I am proud of is my country playlist. It is nine and a half hours of my favorite songs. Whenever I hear a new country song, I add it to the playlist. I like to think of the playlist as my little masterpiece. My dad even listens to the playlist.
What is your favorite kind of music? Does music affect your mood?

Comments

  1. Hey Brooke! I also listen to a little bit of everything and I am a strong believer in a good pump up playlist before workouts/track meets. I have always refused paying for Spotify Premium for as long as I can remember. However, I just broke down and got premium this weekend... TOTALLY WORTH IT. I feel like I might get stuck overpaying for it once I can't get the student price anymore, but for now I'm just going to enjoy it! I think it's so cool that you've been building your country playlist and have gotten it to nine hours! I always want to build playlists like that but I get bored with one and start another a few weeks later... I have at least four different pre-meet playlists right now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see someone else loves country too! I feel like people either hate it or love ot haha. Morgan Wallen is for sure one of my favorite artists. I'm actually seeing him in concert in this summer, which I'm so excited for. I think that music does affect my mood in many ways. If I'm sad and I listen to sad music, it'll make me even more sad. But if I'm happy and put on a happy song, it boosts my mood. It's crazy how much music affects a person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Brooke, music has a huge affect on my mood as well, music for working out is manditory for me, and music can always cheer me up. Have you ever looked at the psychology on it? Its extremely interesting, I reccommend it. Anyway, I can totally see you being into country music, despite not knowing you too well. I have the same issue with listenng to a ton of different kinds of music, I can never just choose one. Did you know spotify premium is a reduced price for college students, maybe it will change your opinion for buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say music has a huge impact on my mood for the day. If my music switches between different genres throughout the day it makes me frustrated and just overall puts me in a bad mood. I am a strong believer in music for working out because without music all you hear is people making weird noises or you hear their music through their headphones. Also I hate country music I'm sorry if that offends you but I don't understand why people like its the same song every time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball