Hoops From Home Tweeting

Our first big assignment for our social media class was a live-tweeting assignment. Honestly, I was so confused and had no idea of what to cover when Dr. Aggie explained the assignment. My basketball team was traveling to the OAC semifinals on Thursday, so I couldn't do a Public Relations Student Society of America meeting. Somehow, I missed the email about National Polar Bear Day Celebration in front of the library. I was lost so I decided to look at all the collegiate sports schedules for Sunday. The games were going to bed great. Top 25 women's basketball matchups were being streamed all day, and I was thrilled. After playing basketball since I could walk, you would think the assignment was a piece of cake, no. 


The top matchup I chose to cover was #8 ranked LSU vs #16 ranked Tennessee. This was a pivotal matchup because the winner of this game would be the second seed in the SEC tournament. The two teams fought tirelessly. My project only covered the first half of the game, but I had to keep watching. Tennessee was down three points with three and a half seconds remaining and had possession of the ball. They turned it over and LSU claimed their victory. 

This project was more challenging than I was anticipating. I am an avid Twitter user, so I never second-guessed my tweeting abilities. Two minutes into the game, I was overwhelmed. Basketball moves very fast, and I thought that I couldn't type my tweets fast enough. On top of that, I was worried about adding the right hashtag and keeping proper grammar. It was 45 minutes of pure chaos. Thankfully, I survived the mess and I felt like the live-tweeting was a success.

Comments

  1. I was thinking about tweeting a college sport but I went with the NBA because I thought it would be easier. I felt the same way about trying to tweet fast enough. Sadly I think I had a few grammatical errors so I'm sure Mrs. Agozzino will have a field day with that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball