Finally a Break!

Breaks are a very unusual thing for winter sports athletes to go on. After fall break, we are in full swing in our seasons until spring break. By the time we get to spring break, we are dying for some time off, but if we make the NCAA Tournament, we lose our spring break. This obviously creates a huge conflict of interest. Everyone wants their sports to succeed, but it is a total grind to get through the middle part of the school year. 
This year, we did not make the NCAA Tournament, so I went home for spring break. Some of my teammates had travel plans or people they were going to visit, but all I wanted to do was relax. I spent my spring break in the weight room and on my couch. The first half of break I worked out with my trainer from home, which was amazing. There is no better feeling than jamming to music at 5:30 a.m. while drinking an energy drink on the way to a lift. My mom and I went shopping for an entire day. It was great to have some girl time with my mom especially since I haven't been home for a while. My dad and I went to an OHSAA basketball tournament game. Eastwood lost but it was great to see so many familiar faces from teams I used to play against in high school. My twin brother got back from his Florida baseball trip the same day I got my wisdom teeth removed. He was feeling sick by Friday afternoon so we didn't get to spend a lot of time together. His baseball season is just starting so I can't wait to travel to watch him pitch.

The majority of my break was very enjoyable. On Thursday, I went in to get my wisdom teeth removed. Honestly, I have been miserable. My brother had no issues with his surgery, so I was surprised with the complications of mine. It kept me on the couch until I left Monday morning for class. When I am not in class, I have been icing my face and taking naps. The weird part is that laughing and smiling cause the most pain. I was on campus for ten minutes before I found myself with a smile on my face. My friends are all hilarious people, which makes it hard to keep a straight face. I hope that my teeth heal properly so I can get back to a normal routine.

Comments

  1. I am glad that your spring break went well! Mine did, too. I got to spend time with family and relax. I know how you feel about the wisdom teeth removal, mine was last year and it left me miserable. I stayed in bed for days and could not eat anything but mashed potatoes. It was the worst! Hopefully you feel better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an awesome spring break and being with your family. I had to go to Maryland and Pennsylvania for lacrosse which was fun but didn't allow me to relax. How painful was it to get your wisdom teeth removed? Because I have to get mine out in the summer and I want to know how to get rid of the pain as quickly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wisdom teeth removal was pretty painful. I was on the couch for three days and took a ton of naps. I heard that drinking pineapple juice the day before surgery helps. Everyone reacts differently though. My twin was playing baseball three days after surgery, but I had to wait nine days before playing basketball again. Also, make sure to avoid straws! I got a dry socket infection and it sucked.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a great spring break, besides getting your wisdom teeth removed! I will have to get mine out eventually and I'm so nervous for it, but I'm definitely going to ignore it for as long as possible haha! I was also able to go home for a few days over break and it was much needed. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a great break! I don't blame you for wanting to just relax at home, playing a sport and going to college is really difficult and tiring. That sucks you had to get your wisdom teeth out. I got mine out a couple years ago and it felt pretty bad. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you had a great spring break, besides getting your wisdom teeth removed! But this year I was so happy to meet you and watch you play basketball even more excited to see you play next year! Hopefully, next year you guys can get in to the NCAA Tournament and I can come and cheer you on some more! Also, I am happy that you got to spend time with your family and seeing your brother too! I hope your mouth gets better so we can laugh some more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball