We EnCANTo Focus

Disney+ released a movie called "Encanto" a few months ago. While most of you have probably seen it, I live under a rock and have neglected satisfying my inner child by watching it. My teammate, Abby Dickson, was determined to have me watch this movie with her. We tried to watch the movie last Sunday night, but as college students, we procrastinated all our homework. This left approximately no time to spend watching a movie. We decided to try again this weekend. Abby and I made sure to remind each other to not procrastinate homework. I even put a reminder in my phone to be on top of everything. To our surprise, we were only 13 minutes late to our planned movie time.  Now this is the part where you would think we just watched the movie straight through like normal people, but that was not the case. We were unexpectedly visited by our good friend Ammryn, who was beyond excited about her resident assistant interviews. Aside from Ammryn's visit, my roommate came back to unload groceries. That led to social hour being out of control in my dorm room.  The even worse part was that we were only 25 minutes into the movie. 


After 1 hour of all this craziness, we finally focused our brains up to indulge in the Disney masterpiece.  To nobody's surprise, Ammryn and I were having chattiness issues, so Abby had to keep pausing the movie. Overall, I was very impressed with "Encanto." The soundtrack of the movie did not disappoint in any bit. Viewers were mesmerized by beautiful flowers, dresses and scenery. The Walt Disney Co. puts a great emphasis on all the little details that go into each film. Its film creators continuously outdo themselves. Walt Disney created a powerful company that truly has the attention of all age groups. All the films appeal to the entertainment level of younger generations, but older generations get to appreciate the quality of film. Even though we struggled with focusing, I am so glad I got to spend extra time with my friends outside of the classroom and the court.

Comments

  1. I relate to what you said about procrastinating your homework. I did that a lot last semester but have been trying to get better at not doing that, we'll see if that works though. I've never seen Encanto but from what I've heard it seems to be an amazing movie!! That's so fun you got to watch it with some friends and take a little break from school and basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe...Me coming to your dorm room was way to fun and watching Encanto was even 10 times more fun! I didn't know you and Abby were trying do homework but we did accomplish somethings that night! Also, Encanto was is an amazing movie I love the very first song in the movie when they are singing about the family! Can't wait to hang out with you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely in LOVE with this movie!! I was unsure at first but I have been obsessed with the soundtrack and the movie itself ever since I watched it. I also really like all of the Tik Tok's that people have been making with the songs. Although I was wondering if Disney would have made more money if they had put Encanto into the movie theatre instead of just on Disney+.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this movie yet but after reading this blog and some of the comments I am going to watch this as soon as I can. I have seen some tiktoks used with this sound and I already have listened to some of the songs from the movie and am already hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot even begin to express my love for this movie!! The incredible journey happens all in the home, which is so symbolic of the journey many of us must go on to find our place in our respective families. There is also something so lovely about telling such a strong story of generational trauma and the effect it has on the family structure. Not to mention the representation of the Latina family! So much juicy stuff in that hour forty minute movie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball