Tackling Twitter

Twitter is by far one of my favorite social media apps. When I first downloaded it, I had no clue how to use the app. Over time, I figured it out and slowly became addicted. Twitter is a literal wormhole. I can be stuck on the app forever laughing at the most random tweets. Most of the time, the tweets aren't from people I follow. As long as it gives me a good laugh or smile, I don't bother to notice who tweeted it.

This chapter taught me that Twitter has a great presence for marketing. Apparently, people are more inclined to follow brands on Twitter versus on Facebook. I have never seen Twitter as a marketing tool. Most of college athletic recruiting is done on Twitter, which was the reason I joined Twitter. My feed is filled with player highlights, score updates and sports news. I rarely see ads. Twitter also poses questions in your feed asking if you have seen a specific brand's ad in the last week. Do brands have to pay for Twitter to make those questions for them? 

Twitter's algorithm for tweets shows users the most relevant tweets to your account first, which is followed by recent news. This does not surprise me one bit. Similar to Tik Tok, I find my Twitter feed changing as my moods change. I am quite embarrassed to say that I use those apps so frequently but oh well. I am excited about our live-tweeting project. I should probably decide what event I am live-tweeting in soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball