Media Day Madness

How do you coordinate 16 girls' schedules outside of practice time to take photos for over an hour? The answer is it is almost near impossible to do it. We spent the last two weeks trying to figure out the right time for our media night. Aside from coordinating personal schedules, we needed to coordinate schedules with a photographer. In addition, the marketing and communications department needed us to meet with them to create a hype video and take individual pictures. A combination of frustration and compromise finally brought us together tonight to do our media day.

Media day is a huge deal to our team, so we made sure to go all out. Everyone brought props to make our pictures unique. I wore a combination of a cowgirl hat, a princess tiara and an ONU flag throughout my photo session. My parents are either going to be proud or really embarrassed when the photos are published. Either way, I am excited to see all the pictures. The marketing and communications team did a wonderful job with our team! We appreciated them coming in late at night because we couldn't figure out another day to meet. They set up a fog machine and used spotlights. I was very impressed. Each of us came up with a clip to put into the hype video. I yelled into the camera as if I were celebrating. My teammates said it fit my personality well. The best clip was our seniors dunking on our assistant coach with a mini basketball.

After we finished working with the marketing and communications team, we decided we wanted to take more pictures in the gym. To our surprise, the bleachers were still out, so we took some pictures in the bright orange chairs. Those are my favorite pictures. Somehow, we spent another hour in the gym taking pictures. Even though I have two hours of homework ahead of me, I didn't want to stop taking pictures. These memories are going to last a lifetime, and everyone was enjoying themselves. How could you leave? 

I will be spending the weekend editing the yellow lighting of our pictures from the gym. Until then, here is a little sneak peek of some of my favorite pictures. I am so excited to see how the rest of them look!

   



Comments

  1. Hey Brooke, I am glad your team could figure out a time that worked for everyone. I think it's so cute that you all brought props. I think its great that you took the time to have fun and make memories with your team after all the mandatory pictures were done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball