Talking About Tik Tok

Tik Tok is one of the fastest growing social media platforms in the world. Personally, I am obsessed with Tik Tok. I was an avid Musically user so when it switched to Tik Tok, I had to check it out. It is so easy to get caught down a loophole on the app. The videos are no longer than three minutes, so my attention span is kept well. I have gone Tik Tok viral once or twice, but there was no method to the posts.


From a marketing standpoint, Tik Tok has helped companies immensely. The flow of the app makes it easy to sneak in an ad or two without the viewer even noticing. In addition, a great number of brand deals are promoted on the app. My favorite videos are clothing hauls or product reviews from random people on the app. Somehow, I seem to trust the reviews when I have no background on their credibility. My mom used Tik Tok to research the 'must haves' for my dorm room. She watched countless videos from people reviewing what items were busts or were great in their college experiences. These videos were very useful, and some had discount codes to buy the products. 

Tik Tok has grown the world of influencers. Before, I found influencer ads on Instagram or Facebook to be annoying. Why would I trust a post about a product when I know it is for the money? This may seem condescending but I trust a 15-second video more than a post. Videos give viewers a more personable feel to a review. I will pick a product based on the personality of the influencer any day. If you seem invested in the product, I am sold. 

The future of Tik Tok is very bright. I think a lot of people have bought into the platform from a consumer and producer standpoint. My only concern is the possibility of it dying out like Musically. The platform has already shown more success, but if it has failed once, it can fail again. What do you think about the future of Tik Tok?

Comments

  1. I personally think that TikTok has a bright future ahead of them because every year they have gained an insane amount of monthly active users. They also have helped a lot of companies get their name out there and make them very successful in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that Tik Tok has grown so much within the last year. My favorite thing about the app is watching product reviews, checking in on my favorite celebrities, watching people clean their houses or cars, and even watching day in the life videos. I believe that as long as people are staying engaged with the app and contributing, I don't see an end in sight for Tik Tok for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball