OAC Semifinals

Last Thursday, we traveled to John Carroll to compete in the OAC conference tournament semi-finals. Going into the game, we believed that we were going to win. John Carroll had beaten us twice before, but we knew that they hadn't seen our best effort yet. It is no secret that there is a great rivalry between us and JCU. As expected, the game was heated. Fouls were being called left and right. It is not uncommon for tournament games to be more physical than normal games. The referees try to call the games even, but conveniently in tournament time, the whistles go away. I actually prefer them not calling the little fouls. It lets the players play the game through pressure. Sadly, we lost to John Carroll by 12. 


I don't think the score represented the effort that was given by every single player on the team. The bench was absolutely electric. The best yet worst feeling in the world is when you jump up screaming from a great play and sit down with a headache from being lightheaded. On the court, everyone felt the energy in the gym. Losing hurt the most because we wanted to win so badly. I hated seeing the seniors heartbroken after the game. We had worked so hard the entire year, but it wasn't enough in the end. Looking back on this season, I am so proud to have played with such an amazing group of people. I tell people all the time that I would fight any battle for my teammates. They are my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball