Looking for Careers with LinkedIn

LinkedIn is not the first platform you think of when someone mentions social media. Until this year, I had no clue that LinkedIn existed. Now I understand this is very bad, but I had never used to before. Actually, I still have not made my LinkedIn account. Today, I went to get my headshot done so I am planning on creating the account after I have the photo. 


LinkedIn is considered the most effective platform for brand-to-brand lead generation. 51% of college students use LinkedIn, which was not a surprise to me. My professors preach using LinkedIn to connect with employers. Almost every speaker has told us that the best way to contact them is through their LinkedIn accounts. A huge staple of LinkedIn is trust. Most people find LinkedIn to be as trustable as publishers like the Wall Street Journal and Forbes. This is a vital aspect of LinkedIn since social media pages seem to be flooding with fake news. 

I think the most important part of LinkedIn posts is the first sentence you write. This sentence is the hook to get viewers to click on the post for more information. When scrolling through social media sites, I am looking for keywords. If I was searching for an internship, I would be more likely to click on a post that has the words "entry-level position" or "public relations." These keywords are oriented toward the industry and level of work that I am prepared to apply for a position in. LinkedIn is an essential tool for students to use to find future jobs. There is no lack of jobs anywhere, but it takes effort on the students' end to look for them. Personally, I am excited to look for jobs outside of Ohio. I want to take advantage of any opportunity that comes my way.

Do you want to stay in Ohio or are you looking for a job across the country?

Comments

  1. I do not want to stay in Ohio. As someone who grew up close to Chicago and with a lot of noise I hate how quite the town of Ada. And the fact that there is nothing to do here makes me want to leave even more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball