Girls Weekend in G Town

This weekend, I got the joy of traveling down to Germantown, Ohio with my friend Abby. It took us forever to decide we were going to make the trip, but I am so glad that we went. Germantown is close to two hours away from ONU. After our game at John Carroll, which was in Cleveland, we packed our bags fast and were on the road again. 

Abby and I stayed at her childhood home, but we weren't there much the next day. We started the day by going to her church. The church is absolutely beautiful, and I was lucky to meet a lot of very important people in her life. After church, we went to her boyfriend's house for lunch. His mom is an amazing cook! Abby had a zoom call in the afternoon so we didn't stay too long. During her zoom call, I was supposed to be doing my homework, but I took a nap instead. Abby's aunt is moving out of her apartment and needed help carrying cardboard boxes from U-Haul so we headed over to help in the afternoon. Abby is not a coffee fan, but she insisted we headed over to Starbucks after to buy a cake pop. This day was packed with activities, and to top it all off, we went to a Super Bowl party at her family friend's house. I was extremely disappointed that the Bengals lost, but it's a good thing I am a Green Bay Packers fan at heart. 

College is crazy and overwhelming at times, but I am so grateful for the people it has brought into my life. Abby is not just a great teammate, she is an incredible friend. I cannot wait to take her to my hometown!

Comments

  1. Napping instead of homework is such a mood! I love random trips with my friends. My freshman year a group of us went all the way to Cincinnati to find the best root beer in the state! Good friends definitely make this crazy time so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounded like so much fun! And taking a nap is also very nice when you need it. Also, I LOVE Abby and I am so happy that you introduce her to me and I can agree that she is an incredible friend to have! I can't wait until we hangout again and go on another adventure with each other or going to one of our hometowns who knows what will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you decided to take a trip to Germantown with me. I enjoyed showing you around my hometown. We had so much fun, and I cannot wait to make more memories with you. You are an incredible friend and even better person. I hope to one day take a trip to your hometown also!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball