Best Friends Since Birth

When I moved away to college, I was determined that I was never going to visit home. Often, I talked about how much I could not wait to leave. I am an independent person 99% of the time. That 1% of the time, I lean on my best friend, my twin brother. It wasn't an entire week at school before I caught myself picking up the phone to Facetime Hunter and tell him every ounce of my day. 

I was prompted to write about my twin brother because he called me to come home this weekend. Hunter is taking all online classes this semester. While this may seem like the great life, it is a mess. Hunter is not the most organized person. I inhabited that trait, which is why I spent my entire Sunday writing three different color coordinated calendars based on all his syllabi. Of course, Hunter sat on the couch taking a nap for moral support. I did receive a hug and a thank you afterwards. I guess that made up for the cramp in my hand from writing so much.

Many people ask me what it is like to have a twin brother, and it is the greatest blessing of my life. He has seen me through every moment of my life and was in my corner for every moment. My twin brother is my best friend. He never hesitates to come to my side whenever I need him, and I will never hesitate to run to his side when he needs me. The college life without him has been far from easy. Hunter is the first person I go to when I need to talk about my day. He has been my shoulder to cry on, and the loudest fan in my proudest moments. I am beyond grateful to have a brother like him in my life. I truly do not know the person that I would be right now if I didn't have him.

Comments

  1. That is really cool that you have a twin brother. I have three brothers at home that are all younger than me and we are all exactly two years apart. Although we butt heads quite often I always seem to go back to them when I need help or just want somebody to talk to about things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted a twin brother even though I have heard it is good and bad. I have two older brothers that are doing well for themselves and we fight about everything but at the end of the day we are best friends always ready to help fight for one another and give each other advice if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you're a twin! It sounds like you and your brother have a great relationship. I'm finally convincing my brother to like me and its only taken 18 years lol. I think its really important to have a good relationship with your siblings because they will always be around to support you no matter how far away you are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

College Life can be Sticky

Fast Freshman Year

Swinging into Spring Basketball